Finally sharing why I’ve been MIA for 6 months (pretty obvious right – as my website looks dated af). Well the secrets out… I am pregnant. I will be 8 months pregnant in a little over a week (which can be a whole other story considering my due date keeps getting moved around so much). I have been trying to pull everything together that we would need in order to become awesome parents.
A few girls reached out recently and asked if I would do a post about winter fashion wear. Now, I will start off by saying, I by no means am a stylist nor do I think I hold any fashion sense whatsoever, but thank you for thinking of me.
Growing up in Southern California, I had never “really” experienced seasons (except for the occasional trips my family would take us to all over the states). Now that I have lived abroad for close to 6 years, I can honestly say fall is one of my favorite seasons! The leaves changing colors, the hot beverages, the warm scented candles (Yankee to be exact, y’all know my strong addiction for the YankeeCo.), as well as the clothing aka over the knee boots and oversized sweaters (never leaving my leather jackets behind).
I tried to find a few photos that inspired me for the upcoming seasons (Fall and Winter) and listed them below. Hopefully they help inspire you!
Don’t be boring…. If you’re bored make a change. Here are some tips on how to be sexier:
- A little mascara and a brow always go a long way.
- Eye Contact. Interact with your eyes. People will notice your confidence.
- Use your brain. Sexy is not just an outer appearance trait – we’ve all met a gorgeous person without any education/knowledge. Be able to hold a challenging conversation.
- Use your emotions… without being overly dramatic.
- Be witty/Humor Counts. Having a sense of humor is sexy.
- Treat Yourself. Having chipped nails is the biggest pet peeve of mine (you will literally never catch me with chipped nails unless you live with me, in which case you will smell nail polish remover every three to four days).
- Get a Blow Out. If you haven’t taught yourself already, there are salons everywhere that specialize in blow outs (hint hint: Dry Bar). Clean hair and a fresh blow out make me feel like a new woman.
- Need I say more… Never tacky, always elegant.
- Showing more is NOT sexier. Leave something for the imagination. For example, either show off the puppies (aka your boobs) or your legs. Never both unless it’s in the bedroom.
- Don’t dress like your box shaped. No matter what size you are – show your bod off – meaning get things tailored. I still struggle with this sometimes.
- I’ve said it once before and I refuse to repeat my reasoning.
- Get rid of the insecurities. Even if that means “friends”… Also note to self that life is not a runway and we are not Victoria Secret models.
- Don’t over pluck those brows. Sperm brows are out. Natural and thick are in (not the uni though – don’t get carried away).
- Wear Heels. I know they can be a real bitch sometimes but never choose a man over your heels. Heels give you a leg lengthening affect.
- Be sexual. Use your body language with your man (or a man your interested in). Soft hand touches. You get my purnt.
- Challenge yourself. Hikes, new workout classes… all of these will build your confidence.
- Don’t overdue the sweatpants. Change it up every now and then when your home. Cooking in a pair of heels, lingerie, and an apron works like a charm.
- Nothing over powering. A natural scent will work.
- Now I know I said we are not VS models but that doesn’t mean you cant use some of their photos for inspiration. (All I meant was do not compare yourself to them).
- Most people say to wear the color red because it appears to be more attractive to men. I’m not saying this is wrong. I’m just saying…did you see The first episode of The Bachelor this season with Nick?! Six girls wore red and it did nothing for them. I’ve always been sold on a sexy little black dress.
- Be kind, never phony.
- A spray tan gets me every time. It gives your skin a healthy glow.
- Invest in yourself. (Whatever you get out of that, but don’t be afraid to make changes to things you are insecure about just don’t get carried away).
- Play up your best features!
- Undo yourself. Salt spray in the hair provides texture. Smudged eyeliner is sexy.
- Try New Things.
- Have more sex.
Most importantly: Be Comfortable in Your Own Skin.
Wishing everyone a safe and Happy New Year!! I have a feeling 2017 is going to be an amazing year!
My obsession with Vicki Lovine and Girlfriends’ Guides has inspired me to create a writing section of my own. Being a guys’ girl is great (most of us have been there, including myself) and sometimes it is easier because guys tend to have less drama (notice my choice of wording)… but being a girls’ girl can be more relatable (given that we are woman and go through similar experiences).
Most of the advice I am given (when pertaining to girl talk) comes from my mother (of course, she is my best girlfriend) and my girlfriends. I felt it was necessary to share some of the information/guidance to those of you out there that are reading my posts.
This topic of my webpage has brought inspiration to my writing and I look forward to sharing advice my girlfriends and I are given and/or have shared to one another… I also look forward to reading the advice and experiences you are willing to share!
Changing your name after marriage is a process. Let’s be honest, your still reminiscing of your fairytale day and have yet to think about the annoying steps you’re about to take when it comes to taking your husband’s last name. I know there are many different companies out there that will handle this entire name changing process for you, but if your like me and just want to handle it yourself then keep reading…No one ever explained to me how time consuming this part would be but in the end it is all worth it!
If you decide to change your last name, listed below is the stack of government papers you will need to complete/file in a state-specific order:
- Purchase 3 copies of your marriage certificate. The certificates will be used as your legal proof or marriage and will either need to be shown or submitted.
- Hit up your local Social Security office and complete the SS-5 application form. You will need to bring proof of identity and legal name change. (I used my birth certificate and my marriage certificate). These will be submitted.
- Visit your local DMV/Transportation Office in order to change the name on your license and update any additional info (like new address, if needed). Depending on which state you live in – they will determine the process. Make sure to bring proof of identity, marriage certificate, and proof of residency (if you moved). ALSO, they may retake your license photo (they did for me) so make sure your hair is did girl!!
- Notify the IRS of your name change (for tax purposes). – Form 8822
- Update your Passport. If you live a traveling life, like we do, this process is stressful because you have to complete this fast (paying extra to rush your passport, if needed). Bring two passport photos (making sure the correct measurements apply – depending on your country). Also, bring a check and or credit card. You will be submitting your marriage certificate and old passport, in which these items will be mailed back to you via local post within a couple weeks.
- Notify the Post Office of your name change/new address.
- Change your name on your credit cards, checks, personal accounts, mortgage, utilities, investments, gym, doctors’ office, and or any other personal paperwork with your identity. (Don’t forget your social media accounts/emails).
This shit is annoying and time consuming but obviously needs to be done once in your life! (After completing all the above, I have a hard time understanding The Real Housewives of whatever and the amount of times they get married and have to change their last names – no thank you!)
Congratulations and Best Wishes to you and your honey!
We have all seen the movie He’s Just Not That Into You… they nailed it when it comes to women’s reactions and emotions as we dance around the dating scene. We get together with our girlfriends and gossip about what he said/she said. Adding up all the details and coming up with the conclusion that this man (or woman) you are dating has completely fallen head over heals for you.
I have girlfriends that never been single, I have girlfriends that are single by choice, some that date around, others that want to marry for money, and some that are constantly rejecting men while others find the dating scene a nightmare and can’t keep a man around for a second date. I mean it’s a wide spectrum.
Many women struggle with rejection on a frequent base (or some men just simply lose interest) – there is nothing wrong with this, however if any of these scenarios sound like something you are regularly experiencing… keep reading!
Common Mistakes Women Make Leading to Rejection:
- It takes time but you need to get out there. If you have been rejected a lot then you’ve probably developed a fear of rejection – which can lead to avoiding the dating scene all together. Don’t give up. I listen to many podcasts… one girl specifically made the decision to say “yes” to things as opposed to “no” leading her to some amazing adventures. Let me just say, “Mr.Right” isn’t going to surprisingly knock on your front door and sweep you off your feet.
- Just because you have been rejected, doesn’t mean your undesirable. Let rejection go. If you hold on to the mentality of always being rejected then you will not even be able to give yourself the opportunity to move forward.
- Be positive when it comes to dating. Maybe you were dumped, cheated on, stood up, or told you weren’t good enough but you cannot let this define you. You have to be positive in order to attract positivity.
- You have low self-esteem. Being rejected can create a low self-esteem, HOWEVER maybe you are being rejected because of your low self-esteem. No one wants to date someone that carries around insecurities and people definitely don’t want to hear you complain about them constantly. You have to love yourself before anyone else can love you. Men are drawn to women that are confident (not overly). Learn to love yourself and build your confidence!
- Don’t be a Stage 5 Clinger. One of my girlfriends is absolutely gorgeous and an honest catch, unfortunately she struggles with moving too fast (no not in sac). One date, and she is texting him non-stop… it’s like she falls in love instantly and that alone can make a man panic and run. Try not to come off too needy. Let him reach out to you. Let him want you. The harder you play to get – the harder they will try. And do NOT, I repeat do not, have sex right away. Get to know the person. (When I was younger my father would make me listen to Tom Leykis and told me all men think like him). This for sure taught me how men think (not all men but many). Check out his podcast to get a better idea.
- Coming off too independent. Some women want a man but never give themselves the opportunity to jump into the dating scene because they are too busy with other things (aka work and life). There is nothing wrong with this, but don’t let it interfere with meeting someone… and when you’re on a date, try not bringing up how i.n.d.e.p.e.n.d.e.n.t. you are and not needing a man to make you happy. That gets old real quick. Let him treat you. Shivery is not dead.
- Have an appetite. No one wants to go on dates with another person who doesn’t eat. That can be extremely uncomfortable. Trust me on this. You don’t have to drink (booze that is) but you have to eat.
- Interested in someone who is not interested? Don’t force something. If he is not interested than he is simply not interested. Move along. Don’t let this affect you.
- Maybe he is not over his ex? Maybe he just got out of a relationship and isn’t looking to jump back into another one so quickly… Maybe you should think twice about dating this person! (Oh and ladies if he is married and reaching out – save yourself from a future rejection).
- Know Your Value. Simple as that.
- Don’t come across too masculine. Guys enjoy girls that aren’t afraid to get dirty and play sports BUT don’t take that to another level and start talking like buddies. You can be buds but don’t go overboard or else you will find yourself stuck in the friend zone.
- You can change a man’s wardrobe but you cannot change him. Once you start pushing too hard, he is going to be running for the door leading to rejection. The right guy will come along just be patient.
- Don’t forget to appreciate the little things. Men try (not all men – don’t get it twisted) so when they do something nice for you be grateful. If not, your lack of appreciation can get old.
- Don’t be drama. Avoid drama. Who wants to date someone full of drama?! At some point, you have to take a look in the mirror.
- Have a little faith. If you question his trust all the time, and he has never done anything untrustworthy than he is going to get sick and tired of trying to explain himself. Checking his phone and constantly questioning him is only going to lead to rejection if he has never done anything wrong. It can bring out insecurities. In which case refer to #4. (ps if you have to question a guy about his honesty, is that someone you really want to be with? Save yourself the headache).
- Don’t try to tie him down to quickly. If you have only been on a few dates (like two) and you haven’t talked about being exclusive however you are telling everyone you are boyfriend/girlfriend – you come off as a stage 5… see #5.
Good Luck in the dating scene!
I mean seriously, do I really need to continue… Dry shampoo is such a life saver. Honestly, it is one of the first purchases I make when get settled into our new homes abroad. No one likes washing their hair everyday (unless you do, then clearly your better person than me). I have specific favorites for specific reasons. I’m also not fond of anything that makes the texture of my hair feel dry. I still need to be able to run my fingers through my locks and have a fresh scent.
A couple of my favorites, in order:
- Batiste Dry Shampoo (Drugstore, Cheap, and Efficient)
- Living Proof Perfect Hair Day (Thanks Jen Aniston and your dreamy hair)
- Pantene Dry Shampoo (Similar to Batiste, Easy to Find, Cheap, and Smells Amaze)
- Nexxus Youth Renewal Rejuvenating Dry Shampoo (Who doesn’t like Nexxus)
- John Frieda Luxurious Volume Refresher (Thanks Target)
Truth be told, I always buy the Big Sexy Hair Volumizing Dry Shampoo in hopes that I will love it and every year (literally, every year) I waste my money ($20) and remember why I hate it so much – dries my scalp out like crazy!
“The Higher the Hair the Closer to God”