Finally sharing why I’ve been MIA for 6 months (pretty obvious right – as my website looks dated af). Well the secrets out… I am pregnant. I will be 8 months pregnant in a little over a week (which can be a whole other story considering my due date keeps getting moved around so much). I have been trying to pull everything together that we would need in order to become awesome parents.
A few girls reached out recently and asked if I would do a post about winter fashion wear. Now, I will start off by saying, I by no means am a stylist nor do I think I hold any fashion sense whatsoever, but thank you for thinking of me.
Growing up in Southern California, I had never “really” experienced seasons (except for the occasional trips my family would take us to all over the states). Now that I have lived abroad for close to 6 years, I can honestly say fall is one of my favorite seasons! The leaves changing colors, the hot beverages, the warm scented candles (Yankee to be exact, y’all know my strong addiction for the YankeeCo.), as well as the clothing aka over the knee boots and oversized sweaters (never leaving my leather jackets behind).
I tried to find a few photos that inspired me for the upcoming seasons (Fall and Winter) and listed them below. Hopefully they help inspire you!
Wanted to share a quick clip of our recent Nascar adventures. Unfortunately, I lost a lot of footage but we have been going to Nascar ever since I was born (28 years) so I will have to put together another video with previous footage and share that eventually. This year was very special because we celebrated the tracks anniversary and having our spot in the infield for 20 years (ever since this track was open my family had their infield camping spot)… Hope you like!
Don’t be boring…. If you’re bored make a change. Here are some tips on how to be sexier:
- A little mascara and a brow always go a long way.
- Eye Contact. Interact with your eyes. People will notice your confidence.
- Use your brain. Sexy is not just an outer appearance trait – we’ve all met a gorgeous person without any education/knowledge. Be able to hold a challenging conversation.
- Use your emotions… without being overly dramatic.
- Be witty/Humor Counts. Having a sense of humor is sexy.
- Treat Yourself. Having chipped nails is the biggest pet peeve of mine (you will literally never catch me with chipped nails unless you live with me, in which case you will smell nail polish remover every three to four days).
- Get a Blow Out. If you haven’t taught yourself already, there are salons everywhere that specialize in blow outs (hint hint: Dry Bar). Clean hair and a fresh blow out make me feel like a new woman.
- Need I say more… Never tacky, always elegant.
- Showing more is NOT sexier. Leave something for the imagination. For example, either show off the puppies (aka your boobs) or your legs. Never both unless it’s in the bedroom.
- Don’t dress like your box shaped. No matter what size you are – show your bod off – meaning get things tailored. I still struggle with this sometimes.
- I’ve said it once before and I refuse to repeat my reasoning.
- Get rid of the insecurities. Even if that means “friends”… Also note to self that life is not a runway and we are not Victoria Secret models.
- Don’t over pluck those brows. Sperm brows are out. Natural and thick are in (not the uni though – don’t get carried away).
- Wear Heels. I know they can be a real bitch sometimes but never choose a man over your heels. Heels give you a leg lengthening affect.
- Be sexual. Use your body language with your man (or a man your interested in). Soft hand touches. You get my purnt.
- Challenge yourself. Hikes, new workout classes… all of these will build your confidence.
- Don’t overdue the sweatpants. Change it up every now and then when your home. Cooking in a pair of heels, lingerie, and an apron works like a charm.
- Nothing over powering. A natural scent will work.
- Now I know I said we are not VS models but that doesn’t mean you cant use some of their photos for inspiration. (All I meant was do not compare yourself to them).
- Most people say to wear the color red because it appears to be more attractive to men. I’m not saying this is wrong. I’m just saying…did you see The first episode of The Bachelor this season with Nick?! Six girls wore red and it did nothing for them. I’ve always been sold on a sexy little black dress.
- Be kind, never phony.
- A spray tan gets me every time. It gives your skin a healthy glow.
- Invest in yourself. (Whatever you get out of that, but don’t be afraid to make changes to things you are insecure about just don’t get carried away).
- Play up your best features!
- Undo yourself. Salt spray in the hair provides texture. Smudged eyeliner is sexy.
- Try New Things.
- Have more sex.
Most importantly: Be Comfortable in Your Own Skin.
Wishing everyone a safe and Happy New Year!! I have a feeling 2017 is going to be an amazing year!
Try traveling through cities, states, and or countries like a local as opposed to a tourist. Research local hot spots (not the touristy locations) and try to blend in. You will be surprised to encounter some amazing people and taste some mouthwatering dishes. #livelikealocal
Lately I have been sooo into Podcasts. I find myself reaching for the remote control less often and gravitating more towards my iPad. When you are living abroad, it becomes difficult to keep up with the news events and, of course, daily celebrity news.
Having a degree in Communications with an Emphasis in Media and Tourism along with a few minors, I’ve decided to put my major to the test. Writing is by far my favorite thing to do, but I feel like you really have to know my personality in order to understand my sarcasm and blog pieces. I never take things in life too seriously. My family has been through some health scares and that has helped me realize that life can be short and it is important to embrace adventure.
Every time I think about radio, I will never forget a producer, I once worked for at ABC Sports, saying “he had a face for radio”, therefore he decided to stay behind the scenes. Hilarious. The line stuck with me.
Considering a Podcast? A girlfriend of mine (crazy how we met and how fast we became such close friends – I literally talk to her everyday and legit get concerned for her life if I haven’t heard from her longer than a day) and I are debating on this whole Podcast idea. We both are extremely outgoing and are VERY opinionated. Sarcastic – duh. We can agree to disagree on certain things but that’s what we enjoy most. We are brutally honest and have respect for each other. You always need a girl friend in your life like this – she wont tell you what you want to hear but what you need to hear.
The debate is up… Should we or shouldn’t we? The topics will be broad. Discussing anything from television shows, celebrities, personalities, every day life struggles, being a mom, not being a mom, dating problems, marriage issues, happily ever after vs reality, living abroad, must go vacations… featuring guests. The list goes on but maybe you are starting to get the idea.
Couple Podcasts I am currently enjoying:
- Juicy Scoop with Heather McDonald (by far my favorite)
- Brandi Glanville Unfiltered (She is so drama and I love her drama)
- Straight Up with Stassi (pretty annoying she only talks about herself but I still listen)
- Serial (for obvious reasons, Season 1 is the tits)
- Secrets, Crimes, and Audiotape (not completely sold on this one yet)
- Anna Faris is Unqualified (subscribed but yet to listen to one pod)
- Bitch Sesh (hilarious)
- Embedded (News Stories revisited/elaborated on)
- Invisibilia (Psychology and Human behavior)
- The Young Turks (Politics)
Yeme is a grocery store within Bratislava, Slovakia that has traveled a large number of kilometers to locate farms in order to prepare their concept, “quality and freshness”. Although we live next to a large farmers market, we often venture to Yeme for their meats, dairy, and their bakery. Each week they feature a specific meat and a recipe.
I highly recommend this grocery store and have attached some photos below therefore you can get a feel for this place! Although some things may be pricier than others, keep in mind – you pay for what you get!