Finally sharing why I’ve been MIA for 6 months (pretty obvious right – as my website looks dated af). Well the secrets out… I am pregnant. I will be 8 months pregnant in a little over a week (which can be a whole other story considering my due date keeps getting moved around so much). I have been trying to pull everything together that we would need in order to become awesome parents.
A few girls reached out recently and asked if I would do a post about winter fashion wear. Now, I will start off by saying, I by no means am a stylist nor do I think I hold any fashion sense whatsoever, but thank you for thinking of me.
Growing up in Southern California, I had never “really” experienced seasons (except for the occasional trips my family would take us to all over the states). Now that I have lived abroad for close to 6 years, I can honestly say fall is one of my favorite seasons! The leaves changing colors, the hot beverages, the warm scented candles (Yankee to be exact, y’all know my strong addiction for the YankeeCo.), as well as the clothing aka over the knee boots and oversized sweaters (never leaving my leather jackets behind).
I tried to find a few photos that inspired me for the upcoming seasons (Fall and Winter) and listed them below. Hopefully they help inspire you!
Wanted to share a quick clip of our recent Nascar adventures. Unfortunately, I lost a lot of footage but we have been going to Nascar ever since I was born (28 years) so I will have to put together another video with previous footage and share that eventually. This year was very special because we celebrated the tracks anniversary and having our spot in the infield for 20 years (ever since this track was open my family had their infield camping spot)… Hope you like!
Don’t be boring…. If you’re bored make a change. Here are some tips on how to be sexier:
- A little mascara and a brow always go a long way.
- Eye Contact. Interact with your eyes. People will notice your confidence.
- Use your brain. Sexy is not just an outer appearance trait – we’ve all met a gorgeous person without any education/knowledge. Be able to hold a challenging conversation.
- Use your emotions… without being overly dramatic.
- Be witty/Humor Counts. Having a sense of humor is sexy.
- Treat Yourself. Having chipped nails is the biggest pet peeve of mine (you will literally never catch me with chipped nails unless you live with me, in which case you will smell nail polish remover every three to four days).
- Get a Blow Out. If you haven’t taught yourself already, there are salons everywhere that specialize in blow outs (hint hint: Dry Bar). Clean hair and a fresh blow out make me feel like a new woman.
- Need I say more… Never tacky, always elegant.
- Showing more is NOT sexier. Leave something for the imagination. For example, either show off the puppies (aka your boobs) or your legs. Never both unless it’s in the bedroom.
- Don’t dress like your box shaped. No matter what size you are – show your bod off – meaning get things tailored. I still struggle with this sometimes.
- I’ve said it once before and I refuse to repeat my reasoning.
- Get rid of the insecurities. Even if that means “friends”… Also note to self that life is not a runway and we are not Victoria Secret models.
- Don’t over pluck those brows. Sperm brows are out. Natural and thick are in (not the uni though – don’t get carried away).
- Wear Heels. I know they can be a real bitch sometimes but never choose a man over your heels. Heels give you a leg lengthening affect.
- Be sexual. Use your body language with your man (or a man your interested in). Soft hand touches. You get my purnt.
- Challenge yourself. Hikes, new workout classes… all of these will build your confidence.
- Don’t overdue the sweatpants. Change it up every now and then when your home. Cooking in a pair of heels, lingerie, and an apron works like a charm.
- Nothing over powering. A natural scent will work.
- Now I know I said we are not VS models but that doesn’t mean you cant use some of their photos for inspiration. (All I meant was do not compare yourself to them).
- Most people say to wear the color red because it appears to be more attractive to men. I’m not saying this is wrong. I’m just saying…did you see The first episode of The Bachelor this season with Nick?! Six girls wore red and it did nothing for them. I’ve always been sold on a sexy little black dress.
- Be kind, never phony.
- A spray tan gets me every time. It gives your skin a healthy glow.
- Invest in yourself. (Whatever you get out of that, but don’t be afraid to make changes to things you are insecure about just don’t get carried away).
- Play up your best features!
- Undo yourself. Salt spray in the hair provides texture. Smudged eyeliner is sexy.
- Try New Things.
- Have more sex.
Most importantly: Be Comfortable in Your Own Skin.
Wishing everyone a safe and Happy New Year!! I have a feeling 2017 is going to be an amazing year!
My obsession with Vicki Lovine and Girlfriends’ Guides has inspired me to create a writing section of my own. Being a guys’ girl is great (most of us have been there, including myself) and sometimes it is easier because guys tend to have less drama (notice my choice of wording)… but being a girls’ girl can be more relatable (given that we are woman and go through similar experiences).
Most of the advice I am given (when pertaining to girl talk) comes from my mother (of course, she is my best girlfriend) and my girlfriends. I felt it was necessary to share some of the information/guidance to those of you out there that are reading my posts.
This topic of my webpage has brought inspiration to my writing and I look forward to sharing advice my girlfriends and I are given and/or have shared to one another… I also look forward to reading the advice and experiences you are willing to share!
Changing your name after marriage is a process. Let’s be honest, your still reminiscing of your fairytale day and have yet to think about the annoying steps you’re about to take when it comes to taking your husband’s last name. I know there are many different companies out there that will handle this entire name changing process for you, but if your like me and just want to handle it yourself then keep reading…No one ever explained to me how time consuming this part would be but in the end it is all worth it!
If you decide to change your last name, listed below is the stack of government papers you will need to complete/file in a state-specific order:
- Purchase 3 copies of your marriage certificate. The certificates will be used as your legal proof or marriage and will either need to be shown or submitted.
- Hit up your local Social Security office and complete the SS-5 application form. You will need to bring proof of identity and legal name change. (I used my birth certificate and my marriage certificate). These will be submitted.
- Visit your local DMV/Transportation Office in order to change the name on your license and update any additional info (like new address, if needed). Depending on which state you live in – they will determine the process. Make sure to bring proof of identity, marriage certificate, and proof of residency (if you moved). ALSO, they may retake your license photo (they did for me) so make sure your hair is did girl!!
- Notify the IRS of your name change (for tax purposes). – Form 8822
- Update your Passport. If you live a traveling life, like we do, this process is stressful because you have to complete this fast (paying extra to rush your passport, if needed). Bring two passport photos (making sure the correct measurements apply – depending on your country). Also, bring a check and or credit card. You will be submitting your marriage certificate and old passport, in which these items will be mailed back to you via local post within a couple weeks.
- Notify the Post Office of your name change/new address.
- Change your name on your credit cards, checks, personal accounts, mortgage, utilities, investments, gym, doctors’ office, and or any other personal paperwork with your identity. (Don’t forget your social media accounts/emails).
This shit is annoying and time consuming but obviously needs to be done once in your life! (After completing all the above, I have a hard time understanding The Real Housewives of whatever and the amount of times they get married and have to change their last names – no thank you!)
Congratulations and Best Wishes to you and your honey!