Finally sharing why I’ve been MIA for 6 months (pretty obvious right – as my website looks dated af). Well the secrets out… I am pregnant. I will be 8 months pregnant in a little over a week (which can be a whole other story considering my due date keeps getting moved around so much). I have been trying to pull everything together that we would need in order to become awesome parents.
A few girls reached out recently and asked if I would do a post about winter fashion wear. Now, I will start off by saying, I by no means am a stylist nor do I think I hold any fashion sense whatsoever, but thank you for thinking of me.
Growing up in Southern California, I had never “really” experienced seasons (except for the occasional trips my family would take us to all over the states). Now that I have lived abroad for close to 6 years, I can honestly say fall is one of my favorite seasons! The leaves changing colors, the hot beverages, the warm scented candles (Yankee to be exact, y’all know my strong addiction for the YankeeCo.), as well as the clothing aka over the knee boots and oversized sweaters (never leaving my leather jackets behind).
I tried to find a few photos that inspired me for the upcoming seasons (Fall and Winter) and listed them below. Hopefully they help inspire you!
Wishing everyone a safe and Happy New Year!! I have a feeling 2017 is going to be an amazing year!
Changing your name after marriage is a process. Let’s be honest, your still reminiscing of your fairytale day and have yet to think about the annoying steps you’re about to take when it comes to taking your husband’s last name. I know there are many different companies out there that will handle this entire name changing process for you, but if your like me and just want to handle it yourself then keep reading…No one ever explained to me how time consuming this part would be but in the end it is all worth it!
If you decide to change your last name, listed below is the stack of government papers you will need to complete/file in a state-specific order:
- Purchase 3 copies of your marriage certificate. The certificates will be used as your legal proof or marriage and will either need to be shown or submitted.
- Hit up your local Social Security office and complete the SS-5 application form. You will need to bring proof of identity and legal name change. (I used my birth certificate and my marriage certificate). These will be submitted.
- Visit your local DMV/Transportation Office in order to change the name on your license and update any additional info (like new address, if needed). Depending on which state you live in – they will determine the process. Make sure to bring proof of identity, marriage certificate, and proof of residency (if you moved). ALSO, they may retake your license photo (they did for me) so make sure your hair is did girl!!
- Notify the IRS of your name change (for tax purposes). – Form 8822
- Update your Passport. If you live a traveling life, like we do, this process is stressful because you have to complete this fast (paying extra to rush your passport, if needed). Bring two passport photos (making sure the correct measurements apply – depending on your country). Also, bring a check and or credit card. You will be submitting your marriage certificate and old passport, in which these items will be mailed back to you via local post within a couple weeks.
- Notify the Post Office of your name change/new address.
- Change your name on your credit cards, checks, personal accounts, mortgage, utilities, investments, gym, doctors’ office, and or any other personal paperwork with your identity. (Don’t forget your social media accounts/emails).
This shit is annoying and time consuming but obviously needs to be done once in your life! (After completing all the above, I have a hard time understanding The Real Housewives of whatever and the amount of times they get married and have to change their last names – no thank you!)
Congratulations and Best Wishes to you and your honey!