I received a lot of requests for this recipe and thought the easiest way to share it with everyone is through my website.
Living abroad, you often find yourself craving different foods from back home (wherever that me be; applies to everyone). Also I should mention, when I cook dinner I cook enough for leftovers so feel free to adjust the serving size.
- 1 lb Sausage (Hot)
- 5 Cloves of Garlic
- 1 Large Yellow Onion
- 6 Cups of Chopped Kale
- 2 (32 oz) of Chicken Broth or 3 Chicken Bouillon Cubes
- Red Chili Pepper Flakes
- Heavy Cream (I pretty much use 16 oz)
- Begin with chopping your onions and garlic and placing them in a warm pot with Olive Oil
- Add your meat (cook until brown)
- Add red chili flakes
- Add Broth
- Add Sliced Potatoes
- Bring to a boil then turn off (I usually wait a couple hours for all the flavors to blend then I turn burner on med/low
- Add Kale (cook until soft – usually takes 40 min.)
- Turn burner off and wait for soup to cool down then add heavy cream (make sure soup is not too hot because you do not want to burn the milk)
- Taste and Add Seasoning
Serve with some garlic bread!