Lately I have been sooo into Podcasts. I find myself reaching for the remote control less often and gravitating more towards my iPad. When you are living abroad, it becomes difficult to keep up with the news events and, of course, daily celebrity news.
Having a degree in Communications with an Emphasis in Media and Tourism along with a few minors, I’ve decided to put my major to the test. Writing is by far my favorite thing to do, but I feel like you really have to know my personality in order to understand my sarcasm and blog pieces. I never take things in life too seriously. My family has been through some health scares and that has helped me realize that life can be short and it is important to embrace adventure.
Every time I think about radio, I will never forget a producer, I once worked for at ABC Sports, saying “he had a face for radio”, therefore he decided to stay behind the scenes. Hilarious. The line stuck with me.
Considering a Podcast? A girlfriend of mine (crazy how we met and how fast we became such close friends – I literally talk to her everyday and legit get concerned for her life if I haven’t heard from her longer than a day) and I are debating on this whole Podcast idea. We both are extremely outgoing and are VERY opinionated. Sarcastic – duh. We can agree to disagree on certain things but that’s what we enjoy most. We are brutally honest and have respect for each other. You always need a girl friend in your life like this – she wont tell you what you want to hear but what you need to hear.
The debate is up… Should we or shouldn’t we? The topics will be broad. Discussing anything from television shows, celebrities, personalities, every day life struggles, being a mom, not being a mom, dating problems, marriage issues, happily ever after vs reality, living abroad, must go vacations… featuring guests. The list goes on but maybe you are starting to get the idea.
Couple Podcasts I am currently enjoying:
- Juicy Scoop with Heather McDonald (by far my favorite)
- Brandi Glanville Unfiltered (She is so drama and I love her drama)
- Straight Up with Stassi (pretty annoying she only talks about herself but I still listen)
- Serial (for obvious reasons, Season 1 is the tits)
- Secrets, Crimes, and Audiotape (not completely sold on this one yet)
- Anna Faris is Unqualified (subscribed but yet to listen to one pod)
- Bitch Sesh (hilarious)
- Embedded (News Stories revisited/elaborated on)
- Invisibilia (Psychology and Human behavior)
- The Young Turks (Politics)