Let’s just face it – Most women are always in a rush and juggling about 8 different tasks a day. We barely have enough time to put a face on before heading out the door.
To be honest, I used to question a man that would say “you look better without makeup”… and then you finally have the time to get ready for a date night downtown and they can’t take their eyes off of you and smother you with a million compliments. Which is it?? Are we hotter with makeup or without it??
Here are a few helpful tips that will help you feel more secure when leaving the house with absolutely no makeup:
- We hear it all the time but your intake of water is extremely important when it comes to achieving that hydrated dewy look we all love so much. Different types of fruits and veggies contain high antioxidants and are water enriched. Try diffusing berries into your water to help give it a more flavorful taste.
- Facials. Either done so by a professional or at home (for those of us that do not want to splurge on a facial every 6-8 weeks). I prefer the microdermabrasion facials or deep hydrating facials infused with oils. A couple good products on the market are:
- Origins Drink Up-Intensive Overnight Mask
- Lancome Hydra Intense Mask
- The Body Shop Vitamin E Moisture Sleeping Mask
- Ole Henriksen Blue Black Berry Enzyme Mask
- Creme de la Mer Intensive Revitalizing Mask (This is a splurge but I really like it therefore I had to let y’all know)
- Sunscreen is extremely important – protect your skin! I am guilty of lathering myself in tanning oil and trying to obtain the best tan but a girlfriend has always told me to lather myself in sunscreen because my skin hates the sun! She also reminds me that vampires are sexy!
- Facial Spray Tan. I know many people will go back and forth with this one arguing between whether or not you should be putting this shit on your face, but if I am not going to be wearing any makeup and I need a little extra glow – I mix a little tanner in with my daily moisturizer.
- Daily Moisturizer. Depending on your skin (Oily, Normal, or Combination) there is a moisturizer out there for your skin and it is important to use to keep that hydrated look going.
- Sleep. No one ever likes hearing this one because we just don’t have enough time in our day to catch up on some lengthy zzz’s.
- Lash Extensions. Now this is the trend! Everyone wants lush lashes and not all of us get those naturally so we opt for lash extensions. It is important to do your research before scheduling an appointment with an esthetician or specialist. I have seen some jacked up lashes out there and it is just not worth trying to trying to find a deal out there in order to save yourself money. With these bad boys, you will never want to go back to using mascara ever again.
- And Finally Brows. To me your eyebrows frame your entire face and play a huge part in what you look like when you decide not to wear any makeup. It doesn’t take much time to brush your eyebrows in the morning and throw a little brow pencil in them. This will help you look awake and ready to concur the day.
If you find your skin needing a little bit more due to those late nights studying, taking care of your child, or working on that overdue assignment your boss keeps nagging you for – throw on some BB or CC cream with lots of SPF. This will help balance out your skin. If all else fails, poor yourself a large glass of wine and call it a day!