Yesterday, without a doubt, has been one of the coldest winter days I’ve experienced. A hell of a standout. Every summer I pack for the winter season before heading abroad. I live in Los Angeles (born and raised – Hate me for it, go ahead), and every year we move to another country for 9 months – currently Sweden. As I pack for our abroad winter season, I am usually sitting on the floor of my closet in 100-degree (Fahrenheit) weather. As you can understand, it is extremely difficult for me to pack for the upcoming “winter” season. I always leave warm clothing-wear behind because truth be told, it is difficult to pack for cold weather while my body is drenched of sweat (literally, beads of sweat rolling off my body). The struggle is real y’all.
Under the “Travel” category of my website, I wanted to include a “Tip” section – especially for those traveling to some frigid destinations.
- A Fleece Jacket – The North Face has an amazing selection!
- Fleeced Lined leggings – to throw on underneath your pants (yes, layering! Something I try to fight the commitment to but end up eventually giving in)
- A Giant Hooded Puffer Jacket and Winter Jacket – I combined the two under one bullet but the more jackets the better off
- Couple Hoodies – to throw on underneath anything
- Tech Friendly Gloves – These come in so handy (pun intended)
- Thick Facial Creams – this will become your best friend. Anyone that knows me, knows I am obsessed with my thick facial creams during the winter
- Facial and Body Oils – Keep that skin hydrated
- Ear Muffs
(If arriving during the winter time/or taking a short winter vacation)
- Bring those gloves (throw them in your bag)
- Lotion, Chapstick, and Sample oils – get some from Sephora (read my Sephora post for further information) (pack them with your toiletries – in an easy to grab location)
- Thick Hydrated Socks – You can find these at Nordstrom, Target, or TJ Maxx
- Wear your Coat, Scarf, and Boots on the airplane